Skip to content

We Dwarves are natural sprinters, very dangerous over short distances…

Welcome to Dwarf Week!

This week we’re taking a closer look at the Dwarf Ironclads, warriors of immeasurable presence despite there stature. Armed with mighty warhammers and heavy iron shields, the Ironclads are implaceable warriors and form the mainstay of any Dwarf army; new or otherwise.

In Dwarf Week, we’ll have a look over the latest artwork, showoff some of the Threeups and what you can do with the forthcoming plastic kit.

First off, to start the week with a bang, here’s a new piece of concept art from Des Hanley and worked on by Stef Kopinksi – personally, we think it’s stunning, and really epitomises what our dwarves are.

Mantic Games Dwarf Sketch

Remember, click on the thumbnail above for a larger view and make sure you drop us a comment below!

To finished off with, a quick question for you all – what would you like to see from Dwarf Week?

Posted in Artwork & Concept, Concept Sketches, Dwarfs, General, Kings of War.

Tagged with .

15 Responses

1. manticgames says

Mantic Blog – We Dwarves are natural sprinters, very dangerous over short distances… http://www.manticblog.com/?p=1044

2. Darsc Zacal says

I’d like to know…

-if Mantic has rethought it’s plans for dwarven cavalry. i.e. Will we be getting some?

-will there be a unit of dog throwers?

– can we see a pic of the dwarf war machine?

– should you get any sprues back from Renedra, can we have a comparison pic of one of the plastic dwarves next to a Mantic elf and skeleton?

– will there be a dwarf redemption mini for Mantic Rewards Points?

– if Gimli from Lord of the Rings, got into a fight with Grumpy from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, who would win?

Looking forward to the rest of dwarf week. ; )

3. Balin says

I’d like to see pictures of everything you have, right now!

The wait is killing me…

4. Wachaza says

I’d feel a whole lot better about future written product from Mantic if you knew the difference between “there” and “their”. ;)

5. Stein says

Really, really like the concept art; keep up the good work. Seemed to have sorted out the flat head syndrome – a good, if dangerous, place to place your drink, but not a great look.

Echo what Darsc Zacal and Balin said – give us it all with comparisons to what is already out for a sense of scale/proportion!

6. Balin says

In my anxiousness to see real miniatures, I forgot to mention that I like the concept art too!

7. Dren Dorrin says

Do I really have to answer the last question? Don’t you already know what my response might/will be? What would I like to see from Dwarf week??? Hmmmm……AXES!!!! Lots of ‘em ;) and some real armed/armoured Dwarves running about the place, being generally rowdy and all disgruntled. A video on Youtube of them ransaking Mantic Towers would do nicely. Also I’d like a seven day week, if not a tenday culminating in a finale with a rendition of a new song for the next race, sang by all of Mantic’s staff in chorus whilst dressed as drunken female dowagers, the very last part is optional for those who “really” want to participate.
    I will second all the questions in Darsc’s fine comment apart from the last one, the answer to that is easy…..Snow White’s Stepmother would step in and claim a solid victory over all.
    Yay! DWARF WEEK!!!!

8. Dren Dorrin says

And the concept art is looking fantastic, right Balin? :)

9. Jonathan says

I too am happy to see these guys without the flat heads. I love this look and cant wait to see more!

10. Victor Garrison says

Yeah Baby, Now THAT’S a Dwarf!

11. Tony L says

Like the concept. Does this mean a revised shield design? Not sure I was sold on the kite, but I like this squared off look.

Great work.

12. MiB says

Gah, I hate that top quote. Dwarves are natural Marathon runners dammit, Marathon runners capable of running for days in full kit!

(sorry, you hit my pet peeve button)

Looking forward to your dwarves more than any other figures in the wargaming market

13. R Singers says

Hi, to expand on the cavalry question, I’d like to see what you propose for specialist outdoorswilderness troops. Putting aside the GW concept of Bugman’s Rangers people works like Raymond E Fiest’s Midkemia based novels have an interesting view on young Dwarfs who leave the holds and protect the Dwarfen lands out under the sky.

Likewise what about the Dwarfs who function as messengers between holds.

So basically – the Dwarfs in tin cans are all very well – but what about skirmishers?

14. Madan Mitra says

Love the name of the unit and the grim look fits them very well !

Bring on the PitBULL cav…eventually?

15. Brad Jimenez says

The sketch sends tingles. I would actually like to see 3 up statues so that I can decorate my dwarven (dwarfen) realms with them!