Skip to content

Mantic News – A Cunning Plan

We’re feeling pretty good at Mantic Towers at the moment but it still feels like something is missing. The sensible thing to do seemed to be to have a management meeting…

Posted in Dwarfs, Elves, General, Kings of War, Renton's rambling, Undead.

Tagged with .

19 Responses

1. manticgames says

Mantic Blog – Mantic News – A Cunning Plan http://www.manticblog.com/?p=1401

• Capt_Blackadder says

@ManticGames Is it as cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

2. gaarew (John Martin) says

Bring on the Zombies.

And the rules.

As long as they aren’t in Italian…

3. Darsc Zacal says

So what is Manticman Ronnie and his team up to?
    Stay tuned till next time.
    Same Mantic time…
    Same Mantic blog…

I still think Ronnie needs a cape and a mask. : )

4. Dren Dorrin says

Mantic Towers, you don’t have to be mad to work there….but it helps!
    Mask and cape for Ronnie!
    Great minds think alike!

5. Jerry Teleha says

Great! As someone who has never played a fantasy battle game, I can patiently wait for Mantic’s rules to go with the armies I am painting.

6. Emily Fontana says

The newsletter finally confirms your Gencon Attendance, what booth are you guys going to be at?

7. Urbain De Winter says

Those guys at Mantic are mad as hell. Great to see them having fun at work.

8. Maxwell Mcdougall says

I am soooooooo coming to mantic towers. There truly my skills in videography can be put to good use (woot tv 1-3 classes!)

anyway. nice use of the mission impossible background music. and ronnie you have an e-mail.

9. Maxwell Mcdougall says

Also sucks I can’t make it to gencon because of transportation problems,

10. Mr Bloby says

Looking forward to this Mantic, looking forward to it…

11. Aulbath says

I wonder who they are getting the rules from?!

Also, hopefully you guys take some inspiration from Privateer Press and other good companies caring about their rules too rather than GW. Especially when it comes to playtesting and balancing.

This announcement alone made me reconsider investing in Warhammer 8th edition for the time being, really hoping that “Kings of War” turns out to be the really good game that Warhammer never really was if you didn’t care for narrative and cinematic experiences rather than tough decisions and winning battles due to superior strategies.
    The potential and possibilities are endless – this could rule so much.

Also, if I could make a wish – skip all kinds of individual magic items and stuff like that, it’s the most annoying part in any mass combat system. Wars should be won by the troopers not by the Lord with the fancy trinket (that has über-powers and is easiley worth hundreds of men).

Looking forward to this (just slightly sad there was no Orc/Ork announcement – you know that one was coming, didn’t you ;))

12. Steve says

Haha great little vid, lots of things to look forward to in the near future!

13. Shadowdragon says

I really hope they go for something more like Fantasy Rules! and stay completely away from Warhammer and Armies of Arcana. I want to see an actual mass combat game and not a skirmish game dressed up like a mass combat game.

14. Vredesbyrd says

A Kings of War game? Winner!

Been looking over the site for a while now thinking about buying some models, and if you’re bringing out a game I now have a good excuse to buy some.

15. Ludo says

Only vaguely aware of Mantic’s existence till a few days ago, but after checking youtube and gaming sites I got very interested, to the point of thinking to get a Dwarf army for WHFB….
    Now I’m even more interested :-)

16. Madan Mitra says

I hope that the rules have something ‘new’ and inovative about them that gets me exited…some hook is required whether its Comand & Control or Combat, just something that says WOW…

I hope that Mantic can write a rules set that live up to Mantic’s ‘Building Bigger Armies’ motto…Fighting The Big Fight…maybe?

Rgds
    Madan

17. Nightbreak says

This video kust made my day! So funny and so exciting!

18. Hiya says

The video got me guessing on what they will do next. I had to check out the other videos. very funny stuff.