Hi Martin here! We are very proud to announce we have TWO premium co-sponsors for the Spring 2019 Brush with Death painting competition. Our friends at Artis Opus have once again agreed to sponsor all the category winners with exclusive box sets of their amazing brushes. The Autumn winners loved their prizes and we are over the moon to be working with them once again and are proud to announce we will soon be stocking Artis Opus brushes to sell through our website.
Our second co-sponsor is the amazing Vallejo! Vallejo paints are used by some of the best painters in the business, including Angel Giraldez who is one of our Studio Painters. Each category winner will receive a fantastic paint set.
Launching today ahead of the Spring Mantic Open Day on the 4th of May 2019 you have just under 4 months to get your award winning entries painted. The closing date for emailed entries will be Wednesday 1st May 2019 to allow the judges time to go through the entries. Entries can be delivered in person by midday on the 4th May at Mantic HQ. The winners will then be announced by Ronnie Renton during the open day!
How to enter:
All submissions should be photographed at least 3 times , from different angles and emailed to [email protected]. Make sure your pictures are well lit and sharp – so we can see your amazing paintjobs. There are plenty of guides online to help you when it comes to photographing your minis. You can also choose to send in or drop off at HQ in Nottingham too.
Brush With Death is split over 4 categories. All categories are for ANY GENRE. There are no restrictions for our Fantasy, Sci-Fi or licensed ranges.
Single figure from the Mantic range. There is no size restriction on the figure or the base size so can be on a plinth or display base. It can be anything from a brand new Dwarf Flame Priest to a Shadowhulk to a Druid with grass hair… but remember that bigger is not always strictly better!
Unit, Squad, Team or Warband
A minimum of five miniatures from the Mantic range, displayed on the appropriate base sizes for the game the miniatures are used in. Figures may be mounted on a single display base, be multi-based or individually based. The unit must be able to function within the game it is from.
At least two figures from the Mantic range, of any genre, mounted on a base no larger than 300mm in diameter. There is no height restriction.
At least 1,000 points army from either the Mantica or Warpath universes. Must be 100% Mantic Miniatures and must be a usable army.
Also, we’re pleased to announce a brand new category for Under 16s! If you’re under 16 or have a kid that wants to enter, they can now enter the New Recruits category.
- New Recruits – choose from any of the categories above and make it clear on the entry details how old the entrant is
And here is what you will win:
- The winner of each category will receive an engraved collectors box with 4 Artis Opus brushes and brush soap.
- The winner of each category will receive a Vallejo Colour Paint Set.
- The winner of each category will also receive £100 Mantic online-store credit!
Brush with Death Competition rules
- All miniatures must be produced by Mantic Games
- Conversions are allowed, but it must be obvious it is a Mantic produced miniature.
- Scratch built miniatures are not allowed
- You may mount your miniatures on a suitable gaming or display base
- The person entering the miniatures into the competition must be the person that painted them
- You can only enter each category once and you can enter all of the categories.
- By entering the competition, you agree to your entry/entries being photographed/videoed, and that all recordings shall be the property of Mantic Games to be used in whatever manner Mantic Games sees fit.